· Maxine Waters joined CNBC’s “Closing Bell” on Thursday to discuss the new cryptocurrency and to urge Facebook to stop what it is doing immediately.
“We’re going to move aggressively and very quickly to deal with what is going on with this new cryptocurrency,” Waters told CNBC on Thursday. “I think it’s very important for them to stop right now what they’re doing so that we can get a handle on Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins.
· Democrats led by House Financial Services Chairwoman Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) and backed by a coalition of watchdog groups are warning that Facebook must put its Libra digital currency on hold so Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins. · House Financial Services Committee Chairwoman Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) warned this week about Facebook's new cryptocurrency, Libra, saying that the tech giant needs to stop what it is doing immediately.
The New York Times reported: Facebook says its new cryptocurrency, Libra, is a tool for financial inclusion and disrupting the world’s cumbersome Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins. · Maxine Waters Warns About Facebook’s New Cryptocurrency House Financial Services Committee Chairwoman Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) warned this week about Facebook's new cryptocurrency, Libra, saying that the tech giant needs to stop what it is doing immediately.
· House Financial Services Committee Chairwoman Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) on Tuesday called on Facebook to halt its new cryptocurrency project until regulators and Congress weigh in on the vinciconoralb.it: Sylvan Lane.
· What Facebook is proposing with its Libra cryptocurrency is no less than a global financial system rivaling the U.S. dollar but shielded from regulatory oversight, Rep. Maxine Waters warned Wednesday. · Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters on Tuesday requested that Facebook pause its development of Libra, a digital currency.
Waters’ request came hours after Facebook unveiled Libra. Libra will become Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins. · Representative Maxine Waters, Chairwoman of the powerful House Financial Services Committee issued the following statement in the wake of Facebook’s cryptocurrency announcement vinciconoralb.itok. · | J PM House Financial Services Chairwoman Maxine Waters called on Facebook to temporarily halt its plans to roll out a new cryptocurrency called Libra.
Citing the social media Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins. · Maxine Waters (D-California), chair of the House Financial Services Committee, told Facebook to stop development of the cryptocurrency until Congress could weigh vinciconoralb.it: Mathew Katz.
· The powerful chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee is doubling down on her demand that Facebook Inc. hit the pause button on its ambitious vinciconoralb.it: Benjamin Bain. · House Financial Services Chairwoman Maxine Waters today demanded that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg halt plans to launch a global digital currency until it resolves a litany of other controversies. · Facebook’s ambitious cryptocurrency project, Libra, continues to face regulatory approvals, as on Aug, the chair of the U.S.
House Financial Services Committee (HFSC), Congresswoman Maxine Waters said that she’s “still concerned” about blue and white social media giant’s digital currency plans. This, according to a report by Reuters.
· Waters said Tuesday that Facebook Inc should halt development of its announced cryptocurrency until Congress and regulators conduct a vinciconoralb.itted Reading Time: 3 mins. · Rep. Patrick McHenry, the top GOP member of the panel, didn't go quite that far, but endorsed the call for hearings. "While there is great promise for this new technology in fostering financial inclusion and faster payments, particularly in the developing world, we know there are many open questions as to the scope and scale of the project," McHenry wrote in a letter to Waters Author: Rob Blackwell.
· In the United States, California Congresswoman Maxine Waters (Democrat – California), the chair of the House Financial Services Committee, has called for a total moratorium on Facebook’s Libra cryptocurrency, warning that the social media giant should not move forward with any further developments until government regulators can figure out what to do with it.
· Key Points Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee, is continuing calls for Facebook to pause its cryptocurrency project until Congress can look into vinciconoralb.it: Kate Rooney. · New proposed legislation drafted by Democratic Congresswoman Maxine Waters’ staff could stop Facebook’s cryptocurrency ambitions. The proposal, still. · Facebook’s ambitious cryptocurrency project, Libra, continues to face regulatory approvals, as on Aug, the chair of the U.S.
House Financial Services Committee (), Congresswoman Maxine Waters said that she’s “still concerned” about blue and white social media giant’s digital currency plans. This, according to a report by Reuters, Aug. · Maxine Waters, who chairs the House Financial Services Committee, on Tuesday called on Facebook to pause its development of a new digital coin called Libra, citing the company's seemingly endless Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins.
· u.s. house banking chairwoman maxine waters asks facebook to halt development of new cryptocurrency until congress and regulators can review it. · California Congresswoman Maxine Waters is rightly taking aim at Facebook over the social media giant’s attempt to start its own Libra currency, and as chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee, she may be in a position to shut it down.
Waters is initiating her efforts by publicly calling on Facebook to put a moratorium [ ]. · A leading U.S. House lawmaker on Tuesday called on Facebook Inc to halt development on its new cryptocurrency and for company executives to testify before Congress, adding to global concerns about Estimated Reading Time: 3 mins.
· The U.S. government should consider forcing Facebook Inc. to freeze work on its new cryptocurrency project, a senior U.S.
lawmaker said on Thursday. The U.S. social media company drew worldwide interest earlier this week when it announced plans to establish its own payment system, backed up by a currency it calls Libra. · Facebook Official Responds to Maxine Waters on Cryptocurrency Project Robert Rya J am J David Marcus, the head of Facebook’s new cryptocurrency project, Libra, assured Rep.
Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) that the company is “taking the time to do this right” after a group of Democratic lawmakers, including. · Rep. Maxine Waters requested Tuesday that Facebook halt the development of its new cryptocurrency Libra until it undergoes congressional and regulatory review."I am requesting that Facebook agree.
Join the flipboard community Discover, collect, and share stories for all your interests Sign upAuthor: The Daily Wire. · Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell says Facebook's new digital currency, Libra, raises "many serious concerns" including terrorist financing and potential risks to the stability of the financial system because of Facebook's huge user-base.
· Hours after Facebook unveiled its new cryptocurrency “Libra”, Democratic Rep. Maxine Waters requested that the tech giant pause development on the project.
Chair of the House Financial Services Committee, Waters is asking company executives from Facebook to testify before Congress to help satisfy questions and concerns about security and data privacy.
In a statement, Waters. · Long before Facebook formally announced its new cryptocurrency, Libra, lawmakers were uneasy about the company’s ambitions to reach into the financial lives of its vinciconoralb.it fears centered on. Maxine Waters, Los Angeles, California.likes · 4, talking about this. Proudly serving the people of California's 43rd District in Congress.
· Rep. Waters: US Can’t Let Facebook’s Crypto ‘Compete With the Dollar’ The chair of the U.S. House Financial Services Committee is doubling down on her calls for Facebook Estimated Reading Time: 1 min. The Japanese paper warns that Facebook's cryptocurrency, Libra, "could pose a threat to state sovereignty in the issuance and management of currencies, and become an uncontrollable cryptocurrency.
· SAN FRANCISCO — One of the biggest selling points of Facebook’s ambitious plans for its new cryptocurrency, Libra, was that the social media company had 27 partners, including prominent.
· Maxine Waters hammered Mark Zuckerberg over Facebook’s policy to exempt political ads from fact-checking. “It seems that a policy that allows politicians to lie, mislead, and deceive would also allow Facebook to sell more ads to those politicians, thus making your company more money.” vinciconoralb.it · But Democrats, as well as Republicans, have spoken out against Facebook and their digital asset endeavors.
The House Financial Services Committee, led by Democrat Maxine Waters, wrote a letter to Mark Zuckerberg that demands an “immediate moratorium on the implementation of Facebook’s proposed cryptocurrency and digital wallet.”. · Facebook Inc. over its plan to create a digital currency, the Libra, a move that poses a new obstacle to the company’s cryptocurrency ambitions.
· A delegation of US lawmakers, led by Representative Maxine Waters, will be in Switzerland this week, on a trip that may have been spurned by Facebook’s. · On J, Facebook announced its plans to develop a new cryptocurrency, called Libra, and a digital wallet to store this cryptocurrency, known as Calibra. To assist it in this venture, Facebook has enlisted 27 other companies and organizations to form the Libra Association, which is based out of Switzerland.
· Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., the chairwoman of the committee, questioned why Facebook “gives politicians a license to lie.” "Despite all. · Read more about Japan's leading media conglomerate warns against Facebook's cryptocurrency 'Project Libra on Business Standard.
Singapore, July 19 (ANI): In an editorial published by Japan's leading media conglomerate newspaper 'The Yomiuri Shimbun', red flags have been raised about Facebook's venture into the cryptocurrency world with the veil being. · In June, U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, a California Democrat who heads the House Financial Services Committee, called on Facebook to suspend plans for the new currency until Congress and regulators are. · SHAHANI: A senior U.S.
lawmaker, Representative Maxine Waters, who chairs the House Financial Services Committee, says Facebook should halt development of this new cryptocurrency until Congress. · Facebook first announced Libra in June as a new cryptocurrency effort that Zuckerberg hoped would “make it easy for everyone to send and receive money just like you use our apps to instantly.
· Facebook's new cryptocurrency won't protect user privacy from the company, expert says Facebook takes on the world of cryptocurrency with 'Libra' coin. · Most people can’t scroll through Twitter or open their inbox without being inundated with think pieces and “hot takes” about Facebook’s (NASDAQ: FB) new cryptocurrency announcement, Libra.(If you haven’t kept up, you can read my breaking news story about Libra published on FNN here.).
The sheer volume of coverage on Facebook’s coin is overwhelming. · After Facebook unveiled plans for its own cryptocurrency, Congress members including Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), who chairs the House Financial Services Committee, and fellow committee member Rep.
Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.) called for the tech company to testify and push pause on the project. Why it matters: Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency. · Maxine Waters Wasn't Kidding About a Facebook Token Moratorium Ben Bain, Bloomberg News (Bloomberg) -- The powerful chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee is doubling down on her demand that Facebook Inc.
hit the pause button on its ambitious cryptocurrency.
· Mark Zuckerberg’s plan to launch a new cryptocurrency isn’t going over well in Congress, where lawmakers have adopted a harder line against Facebook over its handling of privacy issues and its. · The U.S. government should consider forcing Facebook Inc to freeze work on its new cryptocurrency project, a senior U.S. lawmaker said on Thursday.