· Neuschwanstein Castle was the inspiration for the Disney castle. Other optional tours here include hiking the Passau hills, Bavaria by bike, and a visit to a Bavarian farm. I think the best tour, however, is the Passau Walking Tour, which is a stroll through the city, culminating in an organ concert at St.
Stephen’s vinciconoralb.itted Reading Time: 7 mins. 5 Must-do Excursions and Some Detours on a Viking Danube Voyage. SALZBURG: Waffles with a mountain view. Waffles with a mountain of cream–Photo by Wallace Immen. PASSAU, Germany: The pipes are calling. VIENNA: The Albertina Museum.
MELK, Austria: The Gilded Abbey. · Optional Tours-Danube River Cruise with Viking We are going on a Viking River Cruise of the Danube River from Nuremberg to Budapest in August.
I was wondering what optional tours travellers. · Took our first trip on a Viking River Cruise on the Danube and had a great time. Viking's included and optional tours were wonderful and having their own tour buses was a real plus as all were well maintained and clean. Some of the best tour guides we have ever encountered. Service was superb and the food was very good/5(38). Viking River Cruises maintains the largest fleet in the river cruise industry with approximately 50 river cruise ships.
Its new “longship” design can be experienced on dozens of itineraries throughout Europe.
The Aquavit Terrace is a popular outdoor seating area at the bow of Viking longships, where passengers enjoy dining, reading and comparing travel stories. · Posted November 1, Toolworker, we are booked on the Romantic Danube cruise starting this Saturday. Once booked, we were able to access the optional excursion info. Nuremberg - WW II tour - $ Regensberg - BMW factory tour $49, Munich Highlights $, and Thurn & Taxis $ Passau - Salzburg Highlights $ · Viking Danube River Cruise.
Viking Wine Cruise through Bordeaux. Viking, as always, has spotless ships and staterooms. Their activities are well planned and their staff is Grand European Cruise - Awesome. For the entire cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest, Viking had all tours well organized in 4/5(). Trip Prices $ 3, – $ 12, Trips in Danube River Tours in Danube River.
Founded in by Arthur Tauck, the company has blossomed from a New England motor coach tour agency to offering trips throughout the world -- by land (including rail), sea, and sometimes by air (private air charters, helicopters)/5(). · On each cruise, Viking offered tours that are included in the cruise fare as well as many optional tours at an additional cost.
Some passengers may like to just stay on the ship to relax and partake in onboard lectures and activities, but since Viking cruises are very destination-oriented, there is much to be discovered at each port. · Viking River Cruise Danube Waltz Tour Options. Here’s a rundown on what tours you can expect on your Danube Waltz cruise. Other options might be added or changed. There is always at least one free included choice, sometimes two.
Optional tours have an additional fee. Passau, Germany. Included Tour: Morning Passau Walking Tour & Organ ConcertReviews: 6. Cruise Romantic Danube Discover grand cities and quaint villages on this 8-day journey along the “Blue Danube.” Explore both sides of fascinating Budapest, experience Vienna’s imperial architecture and gracious culture, and tour riverside towns in Austria’s Wachau Valley.
· They may or may not apply to other Viking Cruises around the world. We LOVE Viking River Cruises! And apparently we are not the only ones.
Viking was recently named the World's Best River Cruise Line by Travel + Leisure Magazine, having climbed the ranks from #4 into #2 into #1 in Estimated Reading Time: 5 mins.
· For tours outside of the town, take into consideration that if you’re on a Viking tour and it’s going to be late getting back to the boat, the boat will wait. If you’re on a non-Viking tour/excursion and it’s late, the boat won’t wait for you.
Keep some change handy since the tour guides and bus drivers pretty much expect a vinciconoralb.its: · Viking Cruises: Amazing Romantic Danube Nuremberg to Budapest.
- See traveler reviews, candid photos, and great deals 5/5(). · Day Viking Grand European Tour, Budapest, Hungary (Day 1) Budapest, the capital of Hungary, is definitely a visually beautiful city, indeed. The Danube River cuts the city in half: the more cosmopolitan elegant Pest on one side and the more traditional Buda on the vinciconoralb.itted Reading Time: 8 mins. · Top of Cologne Tour from Ralph Grizzle. The number-one rated tour on Viking’s Rhine Getaway itinerary runs seven hours and costs € per person.
Taste the Best of Alsace, which I’ve yet to do, got rave reviews from guests who I spoke with who participated in the all-day tour. A local guide took 10 guests on a shopping tour where they met food merchants, a. · Viking River Cruises is one of the most recognized names in the industry, and we had the chance to take their eight-day Romantic Danube cruise in the wintertime.
The cruise stops vary from year to year and season to season, but each version has stops in Germany, Austria, and vinciconoralb.itted Reading Time: 7 mins. We sailed our first cruise with Viking River Cruises, on the Longship Modi We could not believe our experience was so luxurious. Everything from service to food to tours was all 5-star luxury!
We chose the Danube Waltz because of the Christmas Markets. I 2/5(40). · The Viking Grand European Tour river cruise takes you to all the key towns along the Rhine, Main, and Danube rivers. Each evening you enjoy the company of others and dine on destination-inspired meals, are lulled to sleep in “your own bed,” and wake up refreshed to start another great day of vinciconoralb.its: 2.
· While in Vienna, Austria, you may take an optional tour to Schönbrunn Palace, the “Versailles of Vienna,” erected in and graced by a number of formal gardens, Grecian statuary, the world’s oldest zoo and Roman ruins. It’s obvious why past and current guests have chosen the Grand European Tour, the most the popular Viking river vinciconoralb.itted Reading Time: 3 mins.
· Viking does an excellent job keeping you busy and sharing the very best local sites and attractions. Each stop on a Danube Viking River Cruise includes complimentary excursions as well as additional ones at a cost. Here’s a breakdown of each stop, highlighted by my favorites. * Note: Viking runs the Romantic Danube cruise in both directions. Day 1 – Estimated Reading Time: 8 mins. · When I first started thinking about a Viking River Cruise I really didn’t know what to expect, but I knew they were the gold standard of River Cruises and if I was going to experience a river cruise it had to be on board a Viking Longship.
This post has been sponsored by Viking River Cruise. All opinions, text and images are % my vinciconoralb.its: · Last December we were the guests of Viking River Cruises on their Romantic Danube river cruise. both included or optional, they have it all covered. One of the best value propositions of the Viking River Cruises is that everything is included in the price of your cruise from your initial transfer from the airport to the boat all the way Estimated Reading Time: 8 mins.
· We travelled from Budapest – Passau as guests of Viking River Cruises Danube on the Danube Waltz Cruise. The 8-day cruise includes 5 countries and 6 guided tours. Prices start from $2, pp.
We recommend checking Viking Cruises official site for promotional deals such as Early Bird Specials or Two for One vinciconoralb.itted Reading Time: 9 mins. · Viking River Cruises Danube Waltz Highlights. The Danube Waltz river cruise visits five countries over eight days, with both included and optional tours available to explore the cities and countryside along the journey.
The itinerary is offered in both directions; we sailed from Passau, Germany to Budapest, Hungary, adding on our own pre- and Estimated Reading Time: 6 mins. Romantic Danube with Viking Cruises. You may choose to join one of our many optional excursions, including a panoramic tour of Vienna by bike or an all-day optional excursion to the Slovakian capital of Bratislavia, filled with lovingly restored baroque city palaces and leafy squares.
considered one of Europe’s best-preserved medieval. Visit three Europen countries during this 8-day cruise along the beautiful Danube River. Discover Budapest, Hungary, known for its fairytale architecture. Sail to Austria's famous cities of Vienna and Krems, full of history and charm. Visit the picturesque towns of Passau and Regensburg, in Germany, where you will learn about medieval history.
Part of the trip was along the Rhine-Main-Danube Canal. It was completed in and is one of the world’s largest engineering projects. The rivers for which it is named are connected through a series of twenty-six locks and a nearly thousand foot difference in elevation.
· Everything you need to know about the Romantic Danube cruise on Viking River Cruises - about the ship, detailed daily itinerary, shore excursions and optional excursion, food, amenities, and our experience with some expert tips for you to know before you go! Plus changes to the itinerary beginning Estimated Reading Time: 7 mins. Viking then took its destination-focused experience to the seas and redefined ocean cruising.
For the fourth year in a row, Viking was named the #1 Ocean Cruise Line* by Travel + Leisure readers in the World’s Best Awards InViking announced Viking Expeditions®, new voyages to the ends of the earth and closer to home. · Checkout our stops on board the Viking Embla on the Passage to Eastern Europe: Budapest, Hungary. Viking River Cruises knows how incredible this city is and with two nights here they give you an opportunity to experience the city.
One of the days, be sure to take the Panoramic tour to get to see the best sights in vinciconoralb.itted Reading Time: 5 mins. • Continue to Nuremberg, where we meet our Viking Cruise Ship and begin our adventure down the Danube River!
Best-Day Adventures 7 Night Danube River Cruise Featuring Scholar in Residence Prof. Natan Meir July 8 - 15, Hosted by Bill Cartiff Day 1: Sunday, July 8, ALL ABOARD! • Mid-day arrival in Nuremberg, Germany. · Viking River Cruises’ Budapest afternoon itinerary. Viking’s afternoon itinerary has something for everyone. You can enjoy free time or pay to take one of three optional tours. Jewish Budapest – the highlight is a tour of Dohany Street Synagogue, the second-largest synagogue in the worldEstimated Reading Time: 8 mins.
Danube River Cruises Coursing through Germany, Austria, Hungary and seven other countries all the way to the Black Sea, the Danube is the soul of Central Europe. Join us along these culture-rich banks, whose scenic vineyards, ancient monasteries and elegant cities have inspired travelers for centuries. Viking RIVER CRUISES. As a division of Viking Cruises, Viking River Cruises has an estimated European river market share of ~49%.
Cruisetour itineraries range from 7 to 23 days and include as regions the European rivers Rhine, Main, Danube, Saone, Rhone, Seine, Elbe and Douro, also Ukraine's Dnieper, Russia's Volga, China's Yangtze, Burma's Irrawaddy and. Cruise operated by Viking River Cruises. Click here for Print Friendly Flier PDF. *All prices are per person, based on occupancy, double from $, single from $ • Document required for US Citizens is Passport valid through 3/17/ (or if staying after the cruise, 6 months after your return date); no visa or shots at this vinciconoralb.it Date:.
Join this day Grand European Tour from Budapest to Amsterdam. Explore the beauty, nature, and architecture of Netherlands, Germany, Austria, and Hungary while sailing along the Danube, Main and Rhine Rivers. During free time, visit the Alte Würstküche (Old Sausage Kitchen), Germany's oldest restaurant.
Alternately, you may choose to disembark this morning and drive with your guide to Munich for an optional full-day tour of this cultural and historic city, rejoining your ship before our evening departure. Cruise through dinner. (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner). · This afternoon, enjoy scenic cruising along the Danube River, or take an optional Danube Narrows excursion.
Travel by road to Kelheim and board a ferryboat to explore the foot chalk cliffs and dramatic scenery of the Danube Narrows. Ride along the Danube's south bank and take in the sights; see the Brucknerhaus concert hall, Linz Castle and the Market Hall, where Mozart wrote the Linz Symphony, followed by a walking tour of the city's Old Quarter.
Alternatively, join a full day optional excursion to the beautiful Bohemian town of Český Krumlov, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. I recently been on the Danube River with Viking River Cruises, so I thought i'd share my experience through a travel vlog here.
We started from Germany and t. Get discounted price on Grand European Tour - Budapest to Amsterdam - from Viking River Cruises onboard Viking Mimir Get award winning service and our low price guarantee when you plan your vacation with vinciconoralb.it Call for additional savings today!
1 Phone: () Viking River Cruises & Prices. Viking River Cruises Europe are the most popular European River Cruises. Pavlus Travel has deals on Viking River Cruises up to free airfares and onboard spending up to $1, for your Europe River Cruise. The Best European River Cruises are found at Pavlus Travel. · Viking River Cruises Excursions and Tours. With every stop along our Danube Waltz river cruise, Viking offered at least one tour included in the price of the cruise.
Plus there are optional excursions—cultural immersion, for an additional cost that you can sign up for during the cruise such as wine tastings, a Mozart concert, a chance to Estimated Reading Time: 9 mins. Cruise Grand European Tour Imagine 15 magical days along the Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers. From Holland’s windmill-studded tulip fields to Germany’s fairytale castles, from the Main-Danube Canal to the vineyards of Austria’s Wachau Valley, this epic voyage offers a wealth of wonderful experiences.
· Viking River Cruises & Prices. Viking River Cruises Europe are the most popular European River Cruises. Pavlus Travel has deals on Viking River Cruises up to free airfares and onboard spending up to $1, for your Europe River Cruise. The Best European River Cruises are found at Pavlus vinciconoralb.itted Reading Time: 6 mins. The Danube is the heart and soul of Central Europe. Countless cultures and civilizations have used it as a trade route and economic artery.
Armies have been stopped at its banks. We are excited to partner with Viking River Cruise on a FULL SHIP. · Everything you need to know about the Romantic Danube cruise on Viking River Cruises - about the ship, detailed daily itinerary, shore excursions and optional excursion, food, amenities, and our experience with some expert tips for you to know before you go!
Plus changes to the itinerary beginning · Viking River Cruises Cruising the ‘Romantic Danube’ with Viking Article by Natalie Ayotte, Photography by Michael Morcos My husband and I have enjoyed spending our summer vacation for the last few years traveling across Europe, discovering charming cities by foot, car and train, but this year we would be trying something different We would be [ ].
· Viking River Cruises is one of the most recognized names in the industry, and we had the chance to take their eight-day Romantic Danube cruise in the wintertime.
The cruise stops vary from year to year and season to season, but each version has stops in Germany, Austria, and Hungary.